Monday, April 18, 2011

True Love Waits

From a young age, I always dreamed of the man I would marry. When I was 5 it was my Daddy! When I was 16 I took a series of True Love Waits classes. This is where my ideas for a husband shifted. It was here that I came up with the idea of making a list of what I wanted in a husband. Everytime I met someone, I looked at my list. I never found anyone with EVERYTHING on my list until the summer of 2008! It was then when I pulled the 5 year old list out of my wallet and said "Check, Check, Check!"
Here's the List

Christian and Walks Like It, Encourages Me (With MY Walk & My Goals), Love Me For Who I Am, Loves Children, Loves My Family As His Own, Family Oriented, Hardworking, Compassionate, Honest, Outgoing




And Here's The Catch

15 comments:

Michelle said...

So sweet!

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

I love this post!!!!

I did the same thing and boy did the Lord exceed all of my expectations! I was able to cross everything off of my "check list" and then some! :)

Brittany said...

I love this post!

bmaryandblessed.blogspot.com

Kelly Spezzano said...

Forrest landed quite a catch too! :) Jim and I say, "the Lord sure knew what HE was doing!"

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

Awww...this is such a sweet post!

Miss Southern Prep said...

So sweet! I'm glad the Lord blessed you with such a wonderful Christian man!

Miss Southern Prep said...

P.S. Thanks for following my blog! Thanks for entering my giveaway--good luck!

Raven said...

That is an awesome list and god job on finding the man that fits the bill :)

Stefanie @Three-seventeen said...

Cute blog! I am a new follower :)

Ashley P. said...

Thats so sweet! I went through the same Bible study when I was in high school.

I just found your blog recently and I love reading it! I've spent quite some time reading your old posts and you and your hubby are adorable! Anyway, I gave you a Stylish Blog award so head on over and check it out!

Godblessournest.blogspot.com

Fash Boulevard said...

i love this. I'm so excited I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news and check out pictures from the fall/winter preview I attended yesterday in Beverly Hills. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Be sure to check out my post today...you won't want to miss it. Hint hint!

Amanda said...

so sweet :) My daddy is still my main man lol

Mrs C. said...

Great post!! =)

http://tosots.blogspot.com/

Libby! said...

Well, I couldn't help but jump down to this post and read away...

This sounds JUST like my life. I thought "My Dad" ... then I took "True Love Waits" classes through church... dated inside the youth group... went to college... my list continued to evolve...

and as of today, I am confident that God has blessed me with just the man that would fulfill my checklist... as well as add SO MANY other great things to it!

Congratulations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...