Thursday, May 16, 2013

3 Weeks Old




Weight: 

We haven't been back to the pediatrician for weight checks but I can feel him gaining weight. Little piggy has quite the appetite these days and is developing some major chubby cheeks!


Health:
I'm still giving Aiden saline drops most every night. I've started using the humidifier too. 

Aiden's umbilical cord has still not fallen off. 


Eyes: Blue 




Activities: 

Swinging, rocking, being outside, going on walks in his stroller, tummy time



Sleep: 
Aiden eats every 2.5-3 hours during the day and roughly every 5-6 at night. During the night, he sleeps solid in between night time feedings in his bassinet or swing. I've tried to transition him into the crib but no such luck. He hates laying flat on his back. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

This week he quit taking those nice, long naps during the day. He will sleep 30 minutes and be up until his next feeding. He usually isn't too fussy. 


Diet: 
Liquid Gold: Breast milk  




Clothes: 
Newborn.


Diapers: 
Pampers Swaddlers Size 1's 


 Crying: 
He still does not like his diaper changed and will let me know when he's hungry! Now that we are getting out and taking walks in the evening, he's not fussy at all!


Likes:
Looking at faces while "talking", Being Cuddled, Walks in the Stroller, Being Outside, Looking at Ceiling Fans 



Dislikes: 
Diaper Changes, Flash on my Camera 


Milestones: 
My baby boy has gotten so strong! I can not believe how well he controls his bed. 


Misc: 
Aiden had a mild case of baby acne that popped up on May 10. After a few days, it pretty much went away. 

He started pulling my hair and clothes on my shoulder when I burp him.

I ate Beef O Brady's curly fries on 5/15 and he cried for several hours. No more fries for me :( 

Outside time will ALWAYS solve crying!

He loves his swing!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I know I am probably gonna create some controversy with this but I’m gonna say it any way :) Olivia Ray was the same way, hated sleeping on her back because she startled easily. SO, I put her on her stomach and she was a champion sleeper from then on out. I know; in 2013 that is a HUGE no no.

When James and Audrey were born, back sleeping was the no no and I was instructed to put them on their tummy or side. This Academy of Pediatrics can’t ever make up their minds :)

I know the thought of SIDS is scary but if you make sure he doesn’t sink into his mattress and there’s not/or if he takes a pappy it’s really ok. I also have an Angel Care monitor (don’t know if you know about those or not) that has a sensor that goes under the mattress where he lays that has an alarm that will go off if he stops breathing.

They also make wedges that you can put under his side to keep him on his side. My sister used this religiously with my niece Hannah and I used them with the twins for a while.Of course though, those are sort of frowned upon these days as well.

Olivia never took a pappy but the twins did. The Angel Care monitor really played a big roll in my peace of mind with the tummy thing. Bu tummy was definitely the way to go for Olivia. She is still a tummy sleeper for the most part to this day.

Just try a few things and what ever works to get the little guy to sleep is the route you need to go. Sometimes Mommy’s know better than doctors. SOME times :) Good Luck, he’s a DOLL :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...