Friday, March 16, 2012

I need a pin-ervention!

I have crossed another to do off of my pinterest list. This is so easy peasy, quick and simple!

Mix:
1 c. Borax
1 c. Super Washing Soda
1/2 c. lightly colored Kool-Aid
1/2 c. Kosher Salt

Rinse Aid: White Vinegar

I ran my first load with my homemade dw detergent this morning -it came out perfectly clean and smelled great! I will make another batch as soon as it runs out!

4 comments:

lydia said...

I heard recently that using anything with citrus in your dishwasher can cause silverware to rust. I don't know if it's true, but I've been having problems with rust on our silverware and I use a lemon scented dishwashing gel. I've been wanting to try this, but I'm wondering about using the Kool-Aid.

Adrienne said...

I've never seen this recipe before! Glad to see it works! What a great way to save money :) Thanks for sharing

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

Kool-Aid???? I never would have thought that would help in dw detergent! I will be trying that soon too!

Kelly Villari said...

I read that the Kool-Aid can stain the inside of a dishwasher if it's plastic, but that you can use citric acid instead. Not sure, that's just what I've read.

I have made a batch of the homemade laundry powders and LOVE it. Huge money saver! With my family of four and many loads of laundry a week it will take us MONTHS to use it all and I paid around $20.00 for all of the ingredients.

Pinteresting is definitely a double edged sword; there are many wonderful things to discover, but you can kill an entire day of productivity looking at all of the wonderful pins!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...