I had an inkling we were pregnant Sunday night, August 12th, so I decided to test. I got one very faint positive line that Forrest did not believe. It was the kind of result that I had to hold up to the light and squint to see my positive. Forrest insisted we bust out the digital! I went along with him took the test and let it sit. Next thing I hear is what sounds like a girl screaming "Pregnant, Pregnant, Pregnant!"
Neither one of us believed it, so I made 3 trips to Publix to get more tests. On the way back from Publix the last time, I balled and the only words that could come out were "Thank you LORD!" Before we started trying for a baby, I had a lot of stress over actually getting pregnant. I worried irrationally that we would never get pregnant or that it would take us a really long time. That Sunday was the second best day in my life. The Lord gave us one of HIS children the first month we tried!
These were our results!
I had been thinking about how to tell everyone for months! Neither one of us could hold it in so between Sunday night and Monday, we told everyone in our immediate family. My cutesy plans went out the window. All I wanted to do was share our news : )
We are ecstatic and unbelievably thankful for the blessing the Lord has given us.
This was taken the night we found out we are going to have a BABY!!!! It's not the best picture but I want to remember the night just as it was!
Please don't judge my dirty mirror! I've had a baby on my brain :)
10 comments:
Aw! Congratulations!!! Such an exciting time for you guys!!
Congrats!! Enjoy every second of it! And we could never wait either. It is way too exciting!
Yay! Sending you wishes for a healthy and smooth pregnancy :)
Yay!!!!!!!! Soooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!!! What a true blessing!!!!
That is fantastic news! It is truly an incredible blessing to become parents and we are so happy for you and Forrest! ~ Sarah Griffin
Congratulations! What wonderfully exciting news. Prayers that the Lord will continue to bless you during pregnancy, delivery and, of course, raising the newest member of the family!
Love,
Sis. Kimberly Riffel
PS. I don't normally comment on your blog (even though I always read yours) but this is COMMENT worthy.
I can't think of any two people in the world that would be more loving parents. And I know one grandpa that's going to spoil a peanut rotten!
That's exciting!!! Congrats!!!
So so SO happy for you guys! Can't wait to see you grow that little blessing. Prayers for you daily!!!
So so happy for y’all!!!!! Dana told me before I saw Bethany’s announcement on facebook so I felt like I knew before the rest of the world, haha!!! You are going to be such a wonderful mother :)
Post a Comment