Thursday, May 7, 2009

What's for dinner, sweetheart?

Our first encounter with chicken and rice was less than pleasant. Let's just say we learned a lot about having light hearted fun in the kitchen that night.


Me: The food is ready.
Forrest: Ok great. I'll be there in a sec.
Me: Silently cutting my eyes over in his direction to see if he liked it.
Forrest: It's good sweetie. I think it just needs a little salt and pepper.
Me: No, really what should I have done differently?
Forrest: I don't know but it needs something.

Once I called the chicken and rice expert I learned chicken and rice isn't JUST CHICKEN AND RICE. You have to use chicken broth too. Go me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, we all have these sort of stories, so don't feel too bad! But we are glad that you shared! The first time I made yellow rice for Phil, it CRUNCHED! He said, "No, no, I like for my rice not to be cooked all the way ... really I promise." Now that I have mastered cooking rice, he doesn't ask for it uncooked ... hmmmm....

Sis. Kimberly

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

I think I burnt toast our first morning at our new place. But in my defense, the toaster was older than I was and didn't pop up automatically. But I've had crunchy rice and uncooked chicken before. You name it, and it's probably gone wrong in my kitchen! That's how you learn!

Lil. Bit said...

WooHoo Go B! lol. I love you and miss you! :) Cant wait to see you at my party!

Amanda said...

Yes thanks for sharing Brit!! You'll hear this alot and probably not believe it at first but it happend to all of when we first got married! And it still happens, even to the best of cooks!

Before kids: One night I made Jon's favorite potato soup. I tasted it before I served it thank goodness and it wa nas-ty. It was sweet. It then occured to me that instead of EVAPORATED milk, I used CONDENSED. What a dummy! Needless to say, I threw it out!

You were already a good cook before ya got hitched and I KNOW the few mistakes you will make will only make you that much better!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...